The Little House: Final Before and After Part Two

Friday, July 19, 2013

Hello! Today, I'm continuing my final before and after of our previous home. As I mentioned before, I hit the jackpot on Google and found the old listing pictures of the house as it was when we bought it. Again, I will say that while it was clean and nicely decorated, it was definitely not my style. ;)
 
Let's begin with what ended up being my favorite room in the whole house: Parker's nursery. This is the room I get emailed about the most and gets pinned the most. It's also the one that I spent the most time thinking about and working on...which is why I probably felt that all of the other rooms in our house were never "done". Lesson learned. I am trying to plan more with our new house so I can love each room just as much as this one!
 
Before:
 
 
PINK.
 
After:
 
 
 
 
 

 
Up next is the Master Bedroom, which was entirely too small for a king bed in my opinion, but these people still tried it out (with some sponged walls--awesome!)...
 
 
Before:
 
 
 
After:
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
And the "Master" Bathroom. It's amazing what paint, new hardware, and a little light can do. (You're also missing out on the glorious blue linoleum floors in the before picture.
 
 
Before:

 
 
After:
 
 
 
 
 
And lastly, the room that was always changing and I sadly never got to finish. It went from a junk room, to a guest bedroom, to a playroom. It would have been really cool if I had finished decorating, but oh well...
 
Before:
 
 
 
 
After: (Obviously we didn't get to the ceiling fan)
 
 
 
 
 (Imagine an art gallery wall for coloring pages and finger paint masterpieces, fun huge framed alphabet prints, a book wall, a reading corner with fun patterned pillows...you get the point.)
 
 

 
I think the major lesson we've learned here is that opening the blinds helps tremendously.  ;)
 
Well, that's that. It was very bittersweet to close that chapter of our life and move on to a new (and daunting) one. But we are excited and I hope to eventually make our new house the home that we will love for a long time! I will start the "Before" tour of that house ASAP.
 
Has your current house come a long way from where it was when you moved in? What things do you think help improve a home's overall look and value?


2 comments:

  1. Your house is beautiful! So calming. I love the use of al the roman shades in each room. Where did you purchase them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house! I'm so jealous of the natural light.

    Kari
    http://ryanandkari.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!

I try to respond to all questions directly in the comment section, so be sure to check back if you ask anything.